DJ Safety is the leader in Coldfire fire suppression systems. SFI 17.1
Motorsport Connections is an authorised dealer of DJ Safety and can refill and service almost any Coldfire style fire bottle to SFI 17.1 spec.
To be able to refill a bottle, a DOT number must be stamped on the bottle to identify it to meet the specification required by SFI rules. If it does not have this number, we will not refill the bottle! You will have to purchase a new bottle to replace it.
When we refill a bottle, the following process takes place.
- Discharge your bottle on our test bench and check performance.
- Clean and inspect the integrity of the bottle.
- Refill with correct quantities of Coldfire Liquid.
- Check and change siphon tube if neccesary to latest DJ Safety item.
- Charge the bottle to correct pressure, check gauge accuracy.
- Allow to settle for 5 days, and top pressure if neccessary.
- Apply date & SFI tags, serial number bottles and record details.
The process is now complete - we suggest that you routinely check you lines for obstructions and clean them with hot water and blow out with air for trouble free use!